Written by Melissa Tosetti
Monday, 04 March 2013 08:40
By Melissa Tosetti
I love the idea of living with the seasons. Martha's calendar and schedule reflects the ebb and flow of the year from removing her storm shutters in the spring (something we don’t have to worry about here in California) to covering her patio furniture in the fall.
I am a planning and calendar junky myself. That may also explain why I enjoy that particular page of her magazine so much.
I decided to publish a March calendar for our family that reflects the events and to dos for both our businesses (The Savvy Life and the Tosetti Institute of MMA & Fitness
) as well as our home and social events. Here it is....
- UFC 157 Replay Event at the Tosetti Institute.
- Take Dante to the Hobby Train Show at the San Mateo Convention Center.
- Plant strawberries. Put in 20 plants this year since Dante can eat his weight in them.
- Submit taxes to our accountant.
- Pick up Dante from school, drive to Fresno and drop him off at Mom’s before heading to Awahnee.
- Living The Savvy Life presentation in Awahnee, California for Nemeth & Petrushkin, a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial.
- Drive back to Fresno and spend the night.
- Seed and plant shopping with Mom and Dante in Fresno, CA.
- Pick last of the citrus from Mom’s trees then drive home.
- Plant a second batch of Basil seeds which will eventually be made into pesto. First batch is already sprouting. Continue process every other week since Paul can drink his weight in pesto.
- Take citrus we picked at Mom's to Tosetti Institute to share with the students.
- Host party for our friends that we didn’t get to spend New Year’s Eve with because we were busy moving the school.
- Bake Guinness Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting for the party.
- Lunch with my friend Erika while Paul coaches two of his fighters at Born to Fight in Fremont, CA.
- Dye Easter eggs.
- Make Filhozes (Portuguese Donuts) for Easter using my grandmother's recipe.
- Easter gathering at Aunt Frances and Uncle Mike’s ranch in Snelling, CA
An example of Martha's Calendar.